Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bouncing Head

I can't tell a recent story, but I can tell an old story.  To old.

I will skip to the main point, the story is long and interesting.  Eventually I will tell most of it, but for now I will tell part.

During the divorce, my children's great grandmother died.  His grandmother....   Out of respect for his absolute power, I had no intentions of going.

Even in the divorce I struggled to stand up to him.   Not following his every whim as I had for years, was like keeping my hand on a burner. 

Well the night before the funeral I happened to speak to a new friend,  who's mother attended "the funeral" in the same circumstances.  She told me how proud she was of her mother.

Out of the blue I had the sudden feeling that I had to go.   Little did I know it was the main reason I was to be in Idaho.  (good detailed story omitted for times sake)

I realized that it was wrong to obey his every whim.

I was terrified but I did it.  Choosing to do something that I believed was right, was an important step in truly "divorcing" him.

After I went, I was glad, his family was kind to me and several members said they were glad I was there.

He was angry when he saw me there.  He came out of the funeral and screamed at me because I came.  I just said, "It's not your decision.'

I think that was the big part.  It was important for me to learn to make my own decisions that I believed were right and not continue to follow him as my "husband".

Later that night, when I was alone at my home, he came to the home to pick up our youngest child.

In the doorway, he screamed at me for  a while, and I just said, "It's not your decision."

He bounced my head off the wall in the doorway.  I don't remember if my baby was in my arms or his at the time. (funny how your brain has a hard time recording events when its sloshing in your noggin.)

The neighbors called the police, despite the fact I told them to call the Relief Society President instead.  Yes funny story, sick funny brain I had at the time.

But the point was, I defied his absolute power and he bounced my head off the wall. 

I will tell the whole story, but for now, I have to get going to take care of other responsibilities I have right now.  Anyway, one of my thoughts for the night.

No comments: