Thursday, March 29, 2012

What Really Provokes You?

Anger and Hate are two emotions I was raised to see as ungodly, unchristlike, almost forbidden.

I always saw those who exhibited them as emotionally weak and ignorant.

But what provokes me?

As an adult, there are many things that I will feel personal hurt or pain for.  Most anyone can slight me, or whatever, I may feel hurt or upset, or confused, but...

But the only thing that ever provokes me to what I would call anger, or even the forbidden hate, is when someone hurts my children.  Oh, I don't mean bumps or bruises or even a broken arm.

I mean when my child is confused, emotionally overcome, trying and struggling, and someone kicks them when they are down.

Thinks like that.

Most parents try so hard to help their children through so much.  We try to protect them and help them understand themselves and the world around them.

To see your child come to a point where they are hurting and reaching out for help, and then to see someone kick them or do anything to make their adversity worse.

I am far more inclined to stand up to protect and defend my child, than to do so for myself.

The moments I regret the most are the moments I let my children down.

Most mothers are this way.

No comments: