Friday, October 26, 2012

To Love a Wayward Parent

The unconditional love children can have for their parents is amazing.  Of all the stories I've heard from children, young and old about their parents, it seems their is only one unforgivable crime.

No matter all the terrible things a parent can do, even if they are in prison, it seems that only one thing can ultimatly cut them off from the child.

As long as the child, (adult child or young) feels and sees that their parent loves them, respects them, and cares about them and their well being, that seems to be the most vital thing they need.

Beyond that, a parent can commit so many terrible things, but once that parent turns to their child and says, "I love  you, I respect you, and I'm sorry." and demonstrates that they really mean it, that's all they need.

When you sort past all the nitty, gritty messes of family relationships, it comes down to that one simple principle, the need to be loved, respected and accepted, trumps just about everything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog you have. I am favor you of your thought.
Deborah Alessi
mission is help domestic violence & help child for better life.

Anonymous said...

great thought you shared with us thanks for sharing i like your think and article too..

www.faceforwardla.org

Unknown said...

Sadly, I have seen a lot of domestic violence in Tampa, FL. I am glad for the attorneys that help the victims of such cases. I wish things wouldn't ever escalate to this sort of thing.