Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Herod vs Jesus

I've always been mystified by the interaction between Herod Antipas and Jesus Christ.

Previously, Herod beheaded John the Baptist at the request of Herodias.  Jesus mourned the death of John.

Now, as a Mormon, I believe in the Pre-existance.  That we all lived together in the presence of Elohim.  I believe that everyone born here, chose to come here.  Many of us were given callings to live at certain times, and in certain places.  Jesus Christ was called to be the Savior, and Abraham was called to be a prophet then.  Adam, and Noah, and especially Eve were called and chosen before the world began.

I believe that before birth, Herod was called to be political King at the time of Christ.  It is my personal opinion, that before Birth, that Herod rejoiced in Christ, and loved him.  That Herod believed that it was sooo cool that he would get to be the political King during the life of Christ.  I believe that Herod was excited about the power he would personally have to help Jesus in his ministry.  It is my guess, that Herod got pretty excited about that power and his desire to use it for Christ before birth.

It is my guess, that Herod came into the world knowing that he needed that power to serve Jesus Christ, but that after birth, and in his upbringing, he forgot the purpose of his power, and the purpose for his need for power, and became obsessed with power itself.

It is my guess that Herod, after forgetting the original purpose of his need for power, sadly, saw Jesus Christ and his power over the hearts and minds of the people, as a threat to his own power.  I believe that after Herod died, that his memory was restored.  I believe that his memory of Jesus Christ, and his desire to serve him before birth, and his own tragic betrayal of that purpose, is the very Hell Fire Herod exists within.

It is my opinion, that Jesus Christ our Savior, had a faint memory, or sense of his eternal friendship and relationship to Herod.

Jesus Christ stood silent before Herod, as Herod mocked and let him to his crucifixion.

Jesus stood silently before Herod in all affliction that was inflicted upon him.  I personally think, that Jesus thought upon his own sense of the cherished relationship with Herod, and how Herod had become so corrupted in his pursuit of power, that he no longer retained a knowledge of the very purpose of that power.

It is my personal opinion that all of this flooded the mind of Christ as he stood silent before Herod.

Herod treated Jesus Christ with such malice and cruelty, but Jesus stood silent before him..

Sometimes, when those we love treat us with malice and cruelty, we can only stand silent before them.

Much of this is my personal view, not taught to me by any scripture or Prophet.  But simply my perceptions derived from the basic principles of the Gospel I was taught.

Have you ever stood silent while someone you cared for ripped you to shreds?

No comments: