Saturday, January 14, 2012

Soul Eaters

I used to have a relative that was sarcastic, nasty and cruel. He always seemed to know how to hurt you the deepest, and at the most delicate moments. When you felt like everything else in your life was so overwhelming, he knew just what to say to completely destroy what you had left of your soul. It was like he had his own personal line to the adversary. He never really knew how deep his cruelty went. He would then laugh, and as the butt of his joke, you were expected to laugh too, to show you were a good sport. Be careful of what you do to others, because you never know how little they have left to hold on to. His legacy continues with others he inspired. I learned sarcasm from him. It took so much for me to quit, but I did years ago. I look at him, and others like him as destroyers of souls.

No comments: