Saturday, May 29, 2021

Physical and Emotional Scars

I had a "unpleasant" doctors visit a couple of months ago.

I do have internal physical scars that cause pain at times. Not too much pain. But enough to remind me of how they got there. They are inside me. So long ago, I told him he was hurting me. He didn't listen. That's where the scars are, exactly where I told him he was hurting me. 

They bear witness.

I decided I should republish the blog. I don't need to add to it. Some of the old articles list themselves as new, but they are old. It bears witness to a long painful journey.

We keep our sunshine on Facebook. But life comes with some hard things.

Just as my scars are a constant reminder to me of one who would not hear me, I must always listen to others who are suffering. My scars ensure my empathy for others who are not heard.

 I have other pursuits in life, and don't want to achieve my goals through 'victimhood'. So I leave this here. 

I have important things to do on my journey. After witnessing hells, I see the path not just for myself but for others.

Life doesn't have to be this way. We can choose a better path.

 

No comments: